Tuesday, May 4, 2010

To market to market...

So I guess this year I am removing myself from anonymity and starting to show my felted lovelies at local markets.

I debuted at an Art show held at the Plano Central Market this past weekend. It was a big old flop, but I don't mind so much.

Along with almost all the DFW markets I felt the execution of said event was really lacking in management excellence. I always think if they just let me run the thing, it would be rainbows all around.

Alas, there was zero advertising, and they had it fenced off and a table at the entrance gate which made people think they had to pay to get in, which was not the case, and spoiled things for many vendors who consequently packed up early. In turn, this made it worse for the remaining vendors, which included the booth I shared with my market partner in crime - Paula, my mother-in-law who is a travel photographer. You can view her photos and items made from her photos here.

Nevertheless, it was a fun day as I got to sit in the breeze, listen to good local music and hand sew all the little things I had been meaning to get to for oh, about a year or two. And those baby booties that have been in the making since I was pregnant with my first child, who is now 8.5 years old. haha

I still managed to come out making a little pocket money so it was a win in my book.
From here on out, I will be at Rockwall market second Saturday of the month for June, and then White Rock local market second Saturday in July hopefully!

After that, who knows!

Here are some pictures from the market:


This little bag is upside down of course.

2 comments:

  1. aww...i remember those little slippers. The purple hat with bow looks very you but of course will suit others as well.:) the stall looks great, price tags check, very appealing check, you sold some things, earned a little experience and enjoyed the day...well done..success :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...and i love the strawberry bag, trust you....gorgeous..:)x

    ReplyDelete